Physical Wellbeing

What Habits Do You Have, and Have You Ever Tried to Change Them?

Honestly, I managed myself quite well for diet, because it is related to my health and will help to keep my figure, which I should be responsible for myself. For example, I rarely eat fried food, McDonald’s and KFC, because I know that these things will cause obesity and other critical health issues, although they taste really good. For me, I think being neat and organised is more important than the enjoyment which food brings me.

One of my bad habits in diet is that I don’t like to eat onions and garlic, which actually have lots of nutrition and can prevent disease. I’m trying to change my bad habits, because even small habits will become really influential to our life because we repeat doing these everyday. For example, if I never eat onion and garlic, my body might have low resistance to bacteria and disease. Most of our bad habits often result in illness,. so it’s really important to be aware of them and change them.

Last year, I rarely drunk water, but only drunk it when I felt thirsty. However I found out that water is so necessary for our bodies, especially under the tropical climate like Singapore. We need lots of water to prevent ourselves from getting heat stroke. I force myself to drink 500ml water every morning after I wake up, and drink at least 2000ml each day. At first, I wasn’t very used to it, and would sometimes forget to do so, but after a short period of time, it had already became my custom.

CHANGE YOUR BAD HABITS AND BE HEALTHY!!!!!!!

Reference: Caroline, Gilpin “What habits do you have, and have you ever tried to change them?” https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/learning/what-habits-do-you-have-and-have-you-ever-tried-to-change-them.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Flearning-student-opinion Date retrieved 11 September 2018.

2 thoughts on “Physical Wellbeing

1. I think it’s really interesting about your bad habits and your good habits. Water is so vitally important, especially in Singapore like you said. I myself drink a lot of water in this hot climate and try to finish my water bottle multiple times a day. Drinking water has become natural for me and I don’t even think about it. I also think its great to try other types of food that have a large water content like watermelon or celery as this is a great way if you find it hard to drink water.

1. It’s a great idea to eat fruits with a large water content instead of only drinking water! I will try that! Thank you so much!