Activity: Boxing

First session

LO2- Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.

What risks have I taken as part of this activity?

This is my first time taking a class in boxing, i chose it since i’ve been wanting to do it for a while, however put it off as it was a risk for me at the time. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something new and i really enjoyed the first session.

What new skills have I developed in this activity?

We worked on our forms, the basic punches and how to properly stand. Even though it was the first session I really liked the class and how it made me feel. It is also a good form of exercise as it helps with getting your heart rate up and it also is fun at the same time. As the sessions went on, i think it got more interesting and fun to participate in and also got me more tired. I am looking forward to going to more classes and I think I might continue boxing for season 3 and 4 depending on my schedule.

Mid session

LO4-Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences

Final session

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.

Through this experience I had learnt to work with the others around me, since it was a beginners class, we were all mostly in the same place and we could all help each other in improving our skills to benefit everyone. Although there were some challenges- some had more developed skills which would make it more difficult to do the activities- I think I worked through it to really develop my skills because it was an activity I had been wanting to do for a long time. I think I was responsible in making contributions and generally doing the activities while not complaining about them. I personally felt that I benefited from the activity because I acquired a new skill and will continue to do this sport in my free time.

What can I do in the future to be a more effective team player?

I think generally being encouraging and helping people in your team when they need it in order to enable them to develop and gain skills. Finding a role within your team that allows you to do what you do well. This will help you make a meaningful contribution – and increase your chances of doing a great job.

Categories: CAS