Personal statement

This is my first-year study in uwc, it was a challenging year, and for me, it was the first time that a person left his hometown for the first time to go to school in a country 16,000 kilometers away from home, the first thing I need to learn is how to overcome loneliness, learn to get out of my heart and communicate with others. Secondly, language is the biggest challenge. It was my trouble that I could not understand it in class. In the exam, I had to borrow a dictionary and a translator forever, which slowed down my speed. Sometimes I made some small jokes because of English. In the beginning, I may not be confident in the language, but I know that what is more important than language is to maintain my understanding of knowledge at all times, I will also study English hard, I believe I will master this language in the future.

I will also study English hard, I believe I will master this language in the future, my old school paid more attention to learning knowledge and focused on exams. Although this made me master knowledge more firmly, it also made me have a stereotype about learning. Therefore, I think the teachers of various subjects in uwc taught me how to learn this year.

Finally, next year will be my 11th grade as well as the beginning of IB courses. I hope I can overcome my laziness. Even though it will be very hard and there will be endless homework, I hope that Camilin, who will be 18 next year, will stick to her goal and move forward bravely.