TOK objection

PPT 09-15-2020 15.18.51

This are my silver bracelets, for me these bracelets are very special item. They are made by my grandfather, and in my ethnic group, every girl should have a pair.

Knoledge 

In my ethnic group who is called Gejia people, they are very good at use  silver to make the jewelry. There are many patterns on my bracelets, which have been carefully carved by the people who made them, and these exquisite details and methods are unique to Gejia people. They will pass on their traditional skills to their offspring.

belief

The design on the bracelet is dragon and phoenix. In traditional Chinese culture, they believe that dragon and phoenix are mascots which can bring good luck and happiness to people. Secondly, it can be noted that I wear two bracelets on the same hand, which in our national custom means that I am not married, in the future, I will put two bracelets on my left hand and right hand respectively after I get married.

Opinion

In my perspective, I think this is my grandfather’s expectation and blessing for me. He hopes that the bracelet, which symbolizes luck and happiness, will bring me luck, and he also hopes that I can make achievements in the future, just as elegant as the dragon and the phoenix.