Kahaani 2019

LO 4 commitment (showing perseverance, resilience and commitment in activities)

Kahaani is a showcase of different styles of Indian dancing, students of all cultures come together to learn about the art form and perform in front of an audience. I show perseverance in this activity as I have attended a majority of the practice sessions and managed to find time to commit to the activity, even though I might have had a lot of other work to do.

I maintained my motivation for this activity as I enjoy taking part in the dance and learning new steps each week to ultimately see what the final product will look like. I can get quite nervous in front of a crowd so I make sure I’m paying attention and learning the dance to the best of my ability so that I don’t let my nerves get the best of me.

Having a group of friends with me in the dance has helped as we help each other stay committed by reminding each other and making the experience more fulfilling. Being committed to the activity helps the group as a whole as we would have to go over steps several times if people didn’t learn them. We are able to go through the dance more easily and everyone is on the same page if we all show up for most of the practice sessions.

I look forward to learning more about the dance and the final performance later this month.