Cancer survivor: overcoming the odds

My first impression before entering the room was that she survived cancer and thats it. But after hearing the story, you just realise how important life is and how its not as simple as eating or drinking medicine then you are cured. Its so much more. the feeling of not knowing whether you are going to survive if it doesn’t work. To see the worried look of your loved ones. However in this story she managed to pull through, travel the world and even meet her husband. This is one of the odds she overcame. When that wasn’t the only problem, I was curious of what she was going to say next. She wanted to start her own family but kept having miscarriages. The last time she tried it, she had a healthy baby but as the baby grew there was a slight problem. That was when she was in her darkest stages of her life. If it weren’t for the amazing people in her life, things would have ended differently. In the end there was nothing wrong with the baby. It was just a shadow in the scan. Listening to her story made me realise how emotionally and physically challenging her experience had been. I think the fact that we need to support each other in their tough periods is the key take away of her speech.