CREATIVITY: BTBF PRODUCTION

#LO2 Working again with the theatre department and students reminded me exactly why I continue to try out and participate in productions. The long hours of commitment towards the creation, polishing and fixing of scenes seemed incredibly daunting to me as I considered the rest of the workload I had especially in season 1. Surprisingly the commitment to the production and my other activities has helped me develop my time management and work efficiency, as my time for procrastination has been squashed.

I am extremely grateful to have the experience of being apart of this cohort’s last production as well as the opportunity to develop my performance skills and confidence. It was a thrilling and entertaining experience to work with and be surrounded by such creative individuals that inspired and motivated my own creative process.

#LO6 During our stages of research and development it became increasingly clear to me that this production had a serious nature and an air of gravitas that other productions may not offered. Even though BTBF is joyous and funny at times, there’s no doubt that a dense layer of despair and helplessness underpin many of the characters lives. I personally believe that this production transcends the confines of the black box theatre or the drama room: though in my perspective it’s simply a performance, for millions of other individuals it is the narrative of their livelihoods. I hope this production will instil as much change and thought as it has in me and the rest of the crew.