Learning outcome 2: developing skills, challenges undertaken

Creativity: Being a stage manager in the school musical, AIDA

This was my first time being a stage manager and it was challenging in many different areas. When my drama teacher offered it to one of my friends and to me, we were happy to take it, but we didn’t think it through what does it mean exactly.

Firstly, it was hard to work out our schedule, because it clashed with the other activities and services that we have started. We had to go to different teachers and making compromises, trying to figure it out who it could work.

Secondly, controlling more than 60 people is hard and usually it’s not the most popular job to do. We have to be super confident and always be able to manage many things at the same time. With keeping in mind that when do I need to go off the stage, help costume change, give props to people we still had to work on fixing the lights constantly. There was always something to do.

So many talents

It was stressful and overwhelming sometimes, but I got so much out of it. Not just the experience, but the joy of working with so many people. We had our hard moments, but they faded away during the shared laughs at rehearsals and at the shows. These incredibly talented guys were so kind and cheerful, while they were acting like professionals. I learned not just about them, but about how to be a better person as well. At the beginning I expected that I will be left out of the team, because I’m not performing, I’m not on the stage. Luckily, my predictions are wrong. 😀 During this whole process I learned that even if the show is from the actors, they could not exist without the stage crew and the importance of working together and help each other. Backstage

If I could I would go to all of them and thank for being so amazing.