Mid-year service reflection

I am really enjoying this service so far and I think it’s so fun connecting with the kids. I am still working on my patience but the skill that I have developed through this service is being responsible. We are responsible for everything that happens in the gym room and we were able to keep everything under control so far. I am still building relationships with the kids and I’m really happy since they are really fun to be around with. The kids are developing their gymnastics skills and they are more comfortable being around us, which is really good since they are starting to trust us.

Furthermore, one of the challenges I’m facing at the moment is making the kids listen to all the instructions. Since they are only 5 years old, they tend to lose interest pretty quick, which seems to be an issue since they always run around wanting to play games. One of the ways I’m going to deal with this is telling them that we’ll play games after we are done doing the activities that we planned. I’m looking forward to the rest of the year!