CAS Reflection – Piano (LO2, LO3 & LO4)

I have been playing piano since I was 7. It was always my best talent and my favorite hobby. I would spend hours a day playing it, however after starting grade 11 I was really busy with school work, therefore I could not play the piano as regularly as I used to. It then became my goal to at least spend an hour playing the piano every single day in order to master my skill. This instrument lets me express my feelings, without speaking or doing anything rigorous, therefore it is very important to me as I can also get my mind off of things.

I have always played piano with a teacher by my side, however, for CAS, I wanted to plan this experience myself and to do this whole thing without the help of a piano teacher. Since I already have knowledge of the notes, I can build on that and further progress my piano skill. This new process will take place in my home, with my mom’s associate supervising. Her supervising will not only motivate me to go through with my plan but also show this talent of mine which not many people know about.

In order to develop this skill, I will start playing more challenging songs. My goal is to learn at least 3 songs in the next few months and memorize all the notes. Usually, it would take me a month or two to play a piece perfectly, but in order to challenge myself, I wanted to speed up this process so that it’s easier to learn new songs in the future. This skill is very important to me so I will show regular involvement by at least spending an hour a day playing the piano. Although sometimes I won’t be able to have time to spend an hour, my goal is to make up for it another day by playing for two hours. Because I’m genuinely passionate about this instrument, this goal seems achievable to me and I am really excited to show my progress to my family.