CAS Reflection – Gym (LO2)

With facing many challenges, I wasn’t sure how to deal with the level of stress I was enduring. After a meeting with my mom’s associate, she gave me the idea of working out. She said it helps to focus on working out rather on thinking about school work and the future. She supervised my workouts as she has some background in being a PT.

This helped me with learning outcome 2 as I was adding on to my previous workout regime. It helped me get fit and become healthier as well as a way to deal with stress. I thought it was really fun as I wasn’t alone. This activity made me grow as an athlete and as a person. I think it’s important to stay fit as it reduces your chances of certain diseases while also building muscle and reducing fat.

We started with cardio workouts and it slowly progressed into lifting weights in order to make my legs stronger. I’ve always had skinny legs and I wanted them to be bigger. Madina gave me exercises specifically to build leg muscle and I’m really proud of how much I built on my previous skills.