personal statement g9

In the beginning of this year, I set myself some goals with my mentor teacher. My first one was to study hard and get better grades, particularly in science and math. I also said that I would work to improve my work ethic, and work harder than I have before. I can say that overall, I have achieved my goals, but not all the way.

My grades in science in math have improved since eighth grade, going from an average of 3 or 4, to an average of 4 or 5. I did this through hard work, and working harder to understand what i need to. I have particularly done well in biology, which I am fairly proud of myself for. Throughout the year, I have also generally worked harder on all subjects more than I ever have before, and manage myself and my studies more efficiently. a n example of how I did this is that i make sticky notes for each day of the week, telling me which classes I have that day and what tasks are due. This has helped me to keep organised and visualise my plans and goals.

For the next year, I would like to continue to work hard and hopefully raise my grades in math and science even more through hard work and a stronger work ethic. After this year, I have learned how to get around obstacles like distraction and boredom with certain ways of studying, which i will continue next year.