- My name is Cara Jackson. I have been doing maths at UWC east since grade 5 and did my maths IGCSE’s.
- Most of the time, I do associate more negative feelings and emotions towards maths, mostly anxiety and frustration. However, if I do start to get a certain skill in maths and can complete questions on it quite quickly, then my feelings towards that area in maths will slowly become more positive.
- On the continuum (in the original document, link above), I probably stand towards the right-hand side, with maths, I do understand and work better with others, and having things explained to me.
- When I am ‘stuck’ in maths, I don’t immediately ask for help, I look over the questions, try to find where I went wrong, ask the people around me or the teacher.
- My strength in maths is A Self-Manager because, most of the time, I bring in all the materials I need for class. I think the area of which I would like to work on is being more optimistic when it comes to maths.
- I can get quite anxious at times and can go quiet. I can seem like I have spaced out when I haven’t, and there are times when I don’t say much in class because of my anxiety.