Wednesday 17th February 2020
- I need to write more in the time frame, often don’t get to a conclusion.
- Time Management!
- I need to unpack my ideas in more detail, unpack the quotes in more detail
Things to remember:
- Conceptualising – thesis, topic sentence, bigger ideas, the writer explores….., shows understanding about what the text is about
- See the word, not the individual trees – patterns – don’t focus on everything you see in the text individually, group ideas together.
- In Bilston’s poem, he references the rhyme scheme, enjambment and metaphors. Could say: Bilston satires the feature-spotting approach to poetic analysis by ironically identifying the rhyme scheme and other common literary techniques. (topic sentence for a paragraph)
- Form awareness, poem/prose/stage directions
- Precise, formal register