Kahaani

Intial thoughts:

I am really excited for Kahaani this year, having done it last year and really enjoyed it. I’m not the best dancer but I’m hoping that this will give me an opportunity to work on and develop these skills. It has only been a few weeks but I can already see improvements because of the support of the dance leaders. I’m hoping that this experience will help me develop a better sense of working together with others in a situation which I’m not very used to (a performance, particularly a dance one!). (LO5). However I can already kind of sense that our group may face some difficulties moving forwards since we as a collective group don’t always practice the dance after each session, making it a bit hard for the leaders to move ahead and get the dance finished on time.

Final thoughts:

We just had our Kahaani show a few days ago- it went better than I would have anticipated and it was an immense amount of fun! Watching the show being put together it made me realise just how much effort was required from everyone from dance leaders, dancers, teachers, lighting crew etc…  During the rehearsal stage I would practice for a few minutes when I had the time (following the videos we were sent) and I really did see an improvement in my performance and it made me feel a lot more confident which is a skill which I can apply to other areas of my life.

Seeing the full show I realised the impact that this show was having and it is a lot more than just a dance show. I think this year the GC really portrayed a strong message through the show which was that having a disability should not make you feel disadvantaged. I think that having this important message being a big part of the show made it even more meaningful than perhaps it had been last year and it reminded me of the children in Kolkata who hopefully will be positively impacted by this (LO7).