Project Week Planning

Project Week planning so far has been an interesting, and at times frustrating experience but overall still enjoyable and I’m really looking forward to it. My group is Sophie, Manasi, Devika and I – and honestly last year or even at the beginning of grade 11 I wouldn’t have imagined this group because we didn’t know each other but I really like the group and I’m glad this has given us an opportunity to get closer.

I took on the role of first aider so I attended the day long first aid training which hopefully we won’t need while we are there. We initially had some problems because the flights to Nepal are very long and quite expensive however we managed to sort it out and have established a good relationship with our service partners (Her Farm) and we found a suitable trekking company who always reply very enthusiastically even when we send them a lot of questions.

I’ve learnt quite a lot from this planning -some of my group members such as Manasi have worked really really hard to help sort our project week so it is important for me to make sure I stay involved and offer my help as much as possible. Whilst we had a lot of ideas initially about where we wanted to go in Nepal and what we wanted to do, we had to be realistic and narrow it down which meant making some sacrifices here and there- especially because we are an all girls group in Nepal we have had to think a lot about how to make sure we remain safe- which has added a bit more pressure during the planning but is an important aspect to consider.

This planning has made me aware that I need better organisation and time planning because I only shared most of the details with my parents later on which they were understandably not happy with so this is something to remember for the rest of project week planning but also future experiences such as EE- it’s better to share details bit by bit rather than right before the deadline.

This is the main folder which contains our planning docs, itinerary, flight details etc.

jain12378@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg

Latest posts by jain12378@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg (see all)