Grade 9 Personal Statement

Grade 9 so far has been a great experience, throughout the many different classes, trips, and subjects. I have learned a lot. Alongside all the learning, I have also made new friends and had a lot of fun throughout. My goals this year was to really get the feel for the IGCSE syllabus, to excel and to get to know all my teachers. I have tremendously improved in all my subjects and am looking forward to continuing along this path in order to achieve the highest marks possible in the IGCSE exams.

The grade 9 exams have been fun, however, to me they are a brand new experience and this has made me get a good feel of how examinations will work in the real IGCSE exams. From this experience, I now know what worked, and how I can better revise for exams in the future. During the school year, I have also gone on my school trip Himalayan rafting which really inspired me and showed me again what the world has to offer without human development. One topic I am very passionate about is climate change and global warming. I also participated in multiple services, Surfaid and Circus with the local community which helped me extend my outreach.

Science has always been something that I have enjoyed and has continued being a subject I am passionate about in High school. For the future, one of my job opportunities would most likely be in the science field. Whether it be computer science, biochemistry or even sports science. Other fields such as design and technology and geography also interest me a lot, and could potentially outreach viable career options in the future. Nevertheless, I have really enjoyed Grade 9 and am looking forward to Grade 10.