LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

LO6 – Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance

Midway through the preparations for Kahaani, I find myself thinking about the work that has to follow and the limited time available. It is for this reason, I am grateful for the other dancers in the group. We all have the same learn to do within the same time, and having each for support is crucial to our success. Whether that support is demonstrated through making jokes in practice, or through encouragement when it is most needed. The fact that we are all in the same dance unites us – despite differences in likes, dislikes, ages, etc. In my experience as a dancer too, I have found that when the ensemble of a dance collaborates and respects one another off-stage, it translates on-stage, through eye contact, body language, facial expressions, and so on. Being part of a group dance is a collaborative thing. It is interactions with one another, the sharing of opinions, encouragement and helping each other. And as a result, not only do you get a strong dance at the end, but you learn to interact with all kinds of people, a skill that detrimental to success in the future.