LO4 – Show commitment to and perseverance in you CAS experiences

LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

LO7 – Recognise and consider the ethics of your choices and actions

This production has opened my eyes to a variety of things. Throughout the process I have learnt the important of sharing ideas, and communicating with one another when creating. It is this communication that betters the play. I have learnt that when we build of each others ideas, we can create something of high quality with a greater impact. Furthermore, I have come to understand that being a production is not an easy thing. It is more than a few assigned hours every week, because it requires constant thinking and, in our case, research. About the themes, the characters, the nuances. This is especially important in our production, as the play Behind The Beautiful Forevers, is based on a real story, about real people, many of whom are still alive today. It is therefore imperative that all of us researched the circumstances in which the story was produced to have a true understanding of the significance. This meant that the time we spend on this production is substantial, between lines runs outside of rehearsal time, watching documentaries, and just thinking – I have come to appreciate the work that goes into a production.