Extended Essay Reflection 3

Something I wish I had done at the start of my EE process is conducted more in-depth research about the broader topic before trying to narrow my research question. I originally started with a specific mental illness I wanted to investigate in relation to the Theatre of the Oppressed but when I started my further research, I realised there were no studies relating the two narrow topics and so I had to broaden my research question again. This helped me as I was able to gain a wider understanding of the whole topic and choose the area within that which I was most interested in. In this way, being open about changing my research question really helped me to choose topics which I would both enjoy researching and find sufficient information on without the pressure of having to stay within the confines of a narrow topic.

Emily Jayamohan

I believe that I am a very all-rounded person. I have a high commitment to all of my academic subjects, activities and services and I always try to complete every task to the best of my abilities. My focus is to strengthen my involvement in my passions as well as grow in my skills by joining other activities. Some of my extra-curricular interests are sports, theatre, music, dance, and service. My previous commitments in school (some of which I am still continuing) include: Tabitha GC, volunteering at Mutts and Mittens animal shelter, netball coaching, umpiring, and representing teams, volleyball teams, customer service and business operations in the East College Shop and head of Dance Showcase organising committee.