EE – Viva Voce

Throughout the EE process, I tried to devise a focused question from the beginning. However, much of my research proved to be unnecessary because I changed my second therapy to music therapy much later in the writing process. Therefore, much of the research on TEACCH (including primary research) I’d already conducted had gone to waste. Though ultimately, making the switch helped me to not only draw on more points for comparison but also find appropriate case studies as evidence. Although the writing process itself was long and required tedious amounts of refining, it was a valuable learning experience for me. Unlike what other academic essays have taught me, the EE highlighted to me the importance of having several ‘layers’ to an essay. I felt that my first draft followed the very basic template of an essay, but adding a layer of ‘ethics’ or ‘behaviourism as a paradigm’ helped me go deeper into the less obvious topics of psychology and autism. The EE taught me the importance of not only having my primary structure, along with an overarching ‘superstructure’ to add deeper analysis.