Kahaani Reflection

Kahaani is a Global Concern group performance that supports an NGO in Kolkata, India. The dance show, ‘Kahaani’ aims to raise funds for the NGO, through ticket sales as revenue. While the performance aims to attract an audience, the inclusivity of the GC allows anyone to join the cause, without dance experience or even an audition, unlike the other dance shows I’ve been a part of. Because of this, I’ve had to adapt myself, and collaborate with others at different levels of experience to myself, and to each other. While this was frustrating and challenging at times, it made my overall CAS experience a lot more diverse, and helped me to understand that ultimately, the reason for participation wasn’t to perform a flawless dance, but rather to support the NGO and raise awareness in the school community. Additionally, the varying levels of ability made rehearsals longer, and more time had to be dedicated to the cause than I anticipated, though, in terms of personal growth, it helped me prioritise issues that I hadn’t involved myself in before.

#LO1 #LO2 #LO4 #LO5 #LO6