SWOT Analysis

A SWOT analysis assesses an individual’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in a given situation. This particular SWOT analysis is me going through these four points and how they apply to me before I start working on my STEM Project.

Strengths:

Teamwork – Although I tend to be a shy person, I can work well in teams, particularly because I tend to not prefer working with certain people and I can be with just about anybody. I feel that being put into a team helps me develop a bond with members even if they’re not necessarily my friends.

Communication – I value communication or feedback from team members or other people as I feel that it can help to make the work the best it can be. I usually respond to communication in any form.

Decision Making: I can usually pick hard choices when people working with me do not want to. I don’t have preferences for most things but I try to assess all my options with before picking what I believe is best suited to me.

Weaknesses:

Organization – I don’t usually set reminders for myself or set out a timetable. This is something I need to work to improve, particularly for the upcoming IB course.

Time Management – I can sometimes be late to deadlines and I tend to procrastinate a lot. This is also a skill that will be critical for the IB course.

Problem Solving – I don’t consider myself someone who is able to solve problems easily. I usually leave this task up to other people to do. I hope I can develop myself to do this solely on my own in the future.

Opportunities:

Leadership – Even if I am not appointed leader of any group, I think that there are opportunities for me to manage decisions and encourage people to do more if their contributions are lacking.

Self – Confidence – During my recent skills audit, I noticed that I put a lot of ‘rarely’s in categories that dealt with confidence issues. This is something that I hope can improve throughout this project.

Time Management – I put this in my weaknesses category, but I also hope that this project will provide chances for me to develop time management skills such as meeting deadlines.

Threats:

Inability to communicate efficiently – The ongoing circuit breaker has me worried that communication may not be efficient enough to get feedback from my peers or teachers through digital means. I find face-to-face communication far more worthwhile but I’m sure those mentioned above will do their best.

Shyness – As I mentioned earlier, this is a major problem in my life. I’ll need to make sure that throughout this project, I won’t be afraid to ask for help or feedback to make my project the best it can be.

1 Comment on SWOT Analysis

1. Christiaan Venter
    May 10, 2020 at 5:12 am (4 years ago)

Sensible analysis.

Reply