Grade 11 Reflection – December Break

There is no doubt that the beginning of G11 has had its highlights and challenges. Over the past few months, I have made a smooth transition into the IB course from IGCSE, in other words, I’ve been able to manage my time effectively and encounter challenges with an optimistic approach. There has been a substantial amount of assignments and homework that has been given to me this year, however, I have been able to deal with the workload and make sure that all my assignments were handed in on-time.

From the academic aspect, this year has certainly been a lot more challenging than IGCSE, not only in terms of workload but also in adjusting to brand new subjects such as ‘Psychology’. I really enjoyed all my higher-level classes until now such as biology, chemistry, and math, therefore there wasn’t any need for subject shifts. In particular, I really enjoyed my science subject as I felt that all the content we cover was familiar, yet delved in a lot deeper in comparison to IGCSE. Although, I was aware of the workload for IB, trying to manage all my extracurricular activities along with my academics was definitely one challenge that I encountered during this term. However, despite the sudden increase in workload, I have been able to adjust my schedule and use my time effectively in order to complete assignments on time, that is, I have been able to minimize the time that I spend procrastinating and plan out my day beforehand. In terms of my grades, I scored pretty highly for my first report card, therefore I felt very proud of my achievements for the first term and also provided me with more motivation to strive for improvements and better grades.

From my extracurricular aspect, I have undertaken various activities and services during this term such as being one of the co-chairs for Amala focus group, a global high school for refugees, that I have been working with since the beginning of G9. I was also my class representative for student’s voice, and became one of the co-chairs for ‘Cognitive Rehabilitation with Apex Harmony Lodge’. I believe that one of my greatest achievements this year is definitely the leadership positions that I have been able to take up, as I don’t only enjoy facilitating and leading groups, but I also believe that by being chair, gives me the opportunity to include everyone in the group and make sure that everyone’s ideas are heard. In addition, I’ve also been taking ITP flute lessons at school which I started in G8, and am currently preparing for my G5 exam. I have also been part of ‘HS Symphony Orchestra’, however, due to the unforeseen consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic, I haven’t able to directly participate which was very unfortunate to me. Kahaani has been one of my highlights of this year as I was able to build new friendships and work together as a team in order to finalize our performance.

Ultimately, I have been able to smoothly transition to IB and hope to maintain the current motivation and productivity that I have with completing school assignments.

0 comments on “Grade 11 Reflection – December BreakAdd yours →