Kahaani 2021: First Reflection

This year is the third year that I will be taking part in ‘Kahaani’, building stronger relationships with new people as well as learning more about the Indian culture, but more importantly also raising funds for ‘Voices of World’ for Kolkata GC. As I am in my final year of High School before going to university, I believe that this performance will be the last performance that I will be doing at UWCSEA with my friends; therefore, I would love to build unforgettable memories through ‘Kahaani’. 

Having a lot of experience with working with new people in the past, I would consider myself to have very ardent collaboration skills which I feel are an essential skill that’s needed especially when working with new individuals during Kahaani. During the first session, I was able to meet new individuals and got to know them a bit better, even if it was slightly awkward at first. Different from my Kahaani experience last year, as my group was comprised of mostly students from my grade level, it was a lot easier to communicate and collaborate with them; however, this year as my group is comprised of only 3 grade 12 students, including myself, and students from other grade levels, I realised that it was a lot harder to get to know other students from my Kahaani dance.  Although there were a lot of challenging steps that I wasn’t familiar with, I was able to work with other students to help each other and perfect the choreography that we learned.

Overall, I really enjoyed the first session and am really looking forward to getting to know everyone before the final performance.

link to first session practice: e67faa0f-d272-4b5a-8393-cbe9db0e278c

0 comments on “Kahaani 2021: First ReflectionAdd yours →