G10 Scripted Reflection- Rachel Jung

One aspect that we did well in was blocking. We managed to get down what we wanted to do and convey pretty quickly, and we had a general idea of how we wanted the scene(s) to play out early on in the process.

The places we needed work on as a group was, I think, in teamwork. Even while we planned out the details, we left each other pretty much to our own devices. We also split the group in two, Will and Jasper in one group and Matthew and I in the other, because of our character roles, even though we are all on stage at any given moment. Likewise, we didn’t communicate outside of class or rehearsal moments. However, we did sometimes help each other out on what could happen or what the character should do at a specific moment and whatnot.

Personally, I should’ve thought and worked more on characterisation. I did think out a stance/posture for my character, but I did not implement it into my acting, and I think that’s a shame. I also think that I should’ve exaggerated the character’s emotions more or showed the emotions of the character more clearly. However, it’s hard to be dramatic when the person you’re acting with doesn’t seem to show as much energy as needed for the scene. But then again, we are graded individually so I should’ve went and done my own “brand” of acting instead of matching energy levels and enthusiasm as my partner.