Maths and Me

My name is Sanil Kagalwala and I was in the CIM and Ad Maths curriculum for IGCSE and have been doing UWC maths since Grade 7. I really enjoy mathematics and working towards the understanding of topics that are currently foreign to me. This course seems to offer the opportunity to do that with a lot of new concepts. I was originally a bit nervous about starting this course and if I could keep up but after the first couple of lessons and talking to the teachers I now see if I put in the effort required and really try to learn more about the subjects I can learn a lot in this class. I am the type of learner who likes to try things on my own but at a certain point when I have given it my all I would like it explained it to me, hence would put myself slightly towards the left side of the continuum. Typically when I am struggling I ask a friend or the teacher, if that doesn’t work I look at the answers and try to work my way backward to understand how to solve the problem, although I try to have that as the last resort. I think that with mathematics I am very curious and interested in the subjects and concepts being taught and that causes me to try my best and motivates me to understand them.

One thought on “Maths and Me

1. You have definitely grown in your academic approach across the last year or so Sanil, and there is no reason to feel intimidated. Keep balanced in your approach and let problems ‘sit’ for a while before returning to them, you’ll be amazed by the power of the subconscious. Remember to smile, always 🙂