Run for rights 30/9/17

I first saw the poster for ‘Run for Rights’ in the school corridors and I immediately became interested in it and asked one of friends who also feels passionate about human rights to come run with me. We were very excited about it and decided to sign up for this event.

I usually run in the gym for about 20 to 30 minutes and cover about 3km. I thought that I was very prepared for this event but on the day, I found out that I was very wrong. Running 4.3km outside was a hard challenge for me specially with the heat and humidity. I had to fast walk occasionally to cool down, but I pushed myself for as much as I could. I showed support and solidarity towards the GCs (Daraja Academy, Myanmar: A New Dawn and Colors of Kattike)  by showing up and doing the best I could. I raised $80 for it and I hope that my support, has made a difference for the girls in Kenya, and the people in Africa. I hope that my effort helped the people in Africa to have equal rights, and the right to receive education.

Overall, I enjoyed running and walking the 4.3km around the Bedok reservoir. Although it was very challenge and felt very different from running in the gym, I enjoyed it very much. I could have gone easy on myself by walking all the way, but I did my best to run as much as I can and challenged myself. I felt a huge sense of satisfaction when I finished the run. I was not only satisfied with how I was able to finish the run, but also how  I was able to raise awareness about human rights in Africa. I was satisfied at how I was able to raise awareness to the people who has sponsored me and how I was able to give donations to those in need for a good cause.