I joined UWCSEA East in Singapore mid August 2019 to FIB. We found out we were moving mid February and since then had begun preparations to move. In fact I was supposed to move the year prior and when looking at schools UWC wasn’t actually an option as we had missed admissions and would have to wait a whole year but the second time we thought we were moving we got lucky.

UWCSEA was always our first options and we were so focused on getting into UWCSEA that we actually didn’t apply for any other schools and put all our effort into getting in. When my mother was young she had flown all the way to the other side of India with my Nana to get into the UWC there and when she didn’t make it, she became even more motivated to get my sister and I in. Unfortunately there was no UWC in Dubai, where I moved from, but the moment we learned that there was one here, all focus was getting into the school. It’s undeniably an amazing school and set of schools world wide with great core values that both my parents had been hoping for, for years so it was an obvious choice.

All in all joining UWCSEA was an inevitable and our determination can be seen by this quote from us from months back:

“if we don’t get in, it’s ok. We will just keep trying over and over till we do.”