Myers and Briggs Reflection

After completing the Myers and Briggs personality test, I was classified as an advocate   (INFJ-T). The test stated that I am introverted and usually prefer solitary activities, which is, in most cases, true. Also, I am intuitive which may explain my curiosity into the most random of topics. Additionally, I am more sensitive which I agree with but it stated that I’m not overly competitive which I would disagree with since I have been told, multiple times, that I am extremely competitive. Next, the summary stated that I am highly organized, thorough and I value predictability. This is probably the most accurate statement of them all as I do value foreseeing the future and knowing what to expect. Lastly, it mentioned that I’m “self-conscious and sensitive to stress, likely to experience a wide range of emotions and to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve.” This is highly accurate and my mother often tells me to improve these very characteristics of mine.

Apparently, I should consider a career as a doctor, psychologist, life coaches and such as I inherently connect to others. But, I would have to disagree with this evaluation as, although I enjoy interacting and making meaningful relationships with others, in my career I wouldn’t consider pursuing such a job.