PSE: Key Takeaways

I feel like the more you know yourself the better control you will have over life. But how does one know themselves? What do you look into? Are you a curious person? How well do you work with others? How strong is your emotional intelligence? And how do you apply your knowledge of identity, personality types, emotional intelligence and grit to your journey through the IB? 

The more you know yourself the better understanding of what you are good at and what you lack. People never grow if they don’t learn from their mistakes, and I feel that this is really important to my journey through IB. I am a really stubborn person, which puts me at a disadvantage because I would always deny my mistakes, but that’s fine because at least I know that and I can always go somewhere from there. I have also found out that I have a low emotional intelligence, which is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Which I noticed have clouded my performance through a month of IB. Although I am still adjusting to UWC and I hope that from my knowledge of identity, personality types, emotional intelligence and grit learned from PSE class will help me grow as a person.