Fixed Mindset: PSE

The only subject I have put down the fixed mindset is French AB. I feel like that the only reason why I put French all the way down to the fixed mindset side of the spectrum is because I have a really bad experience with my second language subjects every since I was in middle school. This past experience in a way, shaped my thoughts on it. In the past, I have taken a whole 10 years of Chinese and yet I have not got down past intermediate level, 10 years to some would be enough for one to become fluent, but not me. I have also taken Bahasa Indonesia, which I consider as a second language subject to me, despite it being my mother tongue due to the fact that I have attended international school ever since pre-school making english my strongest language, which I find difficult. Generally I find learning languages extremely challenging but I have always been interested in languages which frustrates me, and this in a way, creates theĀ  low unconscious expectations I have for a new 2nd language subject.