Final Taekwondo Reflection (G11)

LO2

Throughout this academic year, I have been consistently working towards my goal of improving my taekwondo skills while using it to exercise, stay fit, and reduce stress. With this goal, I have been attending frequent taekwondo sessions and been working on specific skills, working towards receiving a new belt. I geared most of my focus on preparing for my centralised grading test. My progress was haltered by a sudden challenge: the 3-month break I was forced to take during circuit breaker. My dojang was closed, and I was unable to practice with my coaches and classmates. To make up for this, I worked on keeping myself fit so that I would be prepared to return back when CB regulations were eased. In this time, I forced on simple maintenance of stamina by going on runs/walks in east coast park, or around my neighbourhood for an hour or so a few times a week. If I couldn’t go outside, I used home training (and the guidance of workout videos on youtube) to help me in the ultimate goal of improving my general health with exercise. Going out for runs also helped with my mental wellbeing. Now, I am back to regular taekwondo sessions and am practising diligently towards my upcoming test.