My Personal Statement

Dear reader,

Throughout the years I have learned a number of things, both academic and generally about my life and myself. This is what I have aspired, and I personally feel like I have achieved a lot of what I wanted to, as well as maturing and a number of other things.

I was born in England but have lived the majority of my life here, in Singapore. I honestly do not remember most of what I did in England, besides going to kindergarten and meeting new people, with who I even now keep in touch with surprisingly. Is it not amazing how our world has developed, allowing us to contact people and see their face thousands of miles away, halfway across the world? Hence, living in England did not really influence me in any way, besides giving me the basic knowledge of life. Some of my other personal aspirations include doing well on the exams and becoming a DJ in a somewhat professional sense as this is something at I really enjoy doing and can see myself doing it. Doing well on the exams is pretty self explanatory. As a whole, doing them well will show me from a good side in the future and this is what shows my learning as a whole throughout this and all the previous years. For DJing, this is something which takes a lot of time to not only master, but to practise as well, there are just so many aspects to it. However, even if your not really good, it is something which can be very enjoyable, similar to biking, you do not need to know how to do all the tricks and flips to have some form of enjoyment from it. And it is a good skill to have as you never know when you might need it, and could get paid for it.

To achieve these aspirations I have been spending as much my free time as possible in the library practising and enjoying using all the equipment. As well as performing at a number of different events, such as proms and graduation balls, so I have somewhat gotten used to doing it in front of a number of people, and these have been some of my largest achievements thus far. For exams, I have come up with a number of different ways to study everything, not just reading and memorising. A strategy which works really well and helps is rewriting most of the stuff which I re-read or act some of it out, as my hand begins to remember.

The future is only to come and I really hope to achieve most of these goals and strive to make new ones and accomplish them as well, I am really looking forward to them.