My UWCSEA Learning Journey

Starts Here

Drama reflection task#1

on September 30, 2019

Descriptive– In the exemplar video that I watched there were many interesting things or techniques to watch. First of all, they used one single frame to describe and tell the whole story (equipment). Secondly, everyone was doing something on stage, they had linesĀ  equally and they were multi rolling their parts (rolls). Lastly, they used the light effectively. They did not use all the lights that they can use so it is easier for the audience to get an atmosphere of the scene and also, they thought carefully where they stand (which spotlight they stand in).

Personal– In my opinion, the performance that i watched was really interesting performance to watch. When I thought of the reasons whyI think this way, I realised that there are less narration. This make the audience think more deeply what they are doing or what the piece is talking about. I felt like I am in a different world.

Reflection– This story was constructed by many people’s experience, life and thought when a significant thing happened to them and gathered them together in a really well structured transition. For example, at the beginning, they were talking about Staisy but suddenly, they dropped the frame and transitioned to a story of Daisy. They did not stop acting on the transition so it made more interesting to watch and when it was a story of Daisy, it was full with emotions. I could tell the tangled feeling of her when she was not able to be near her father when he died. On the last scene when she says “I’m sorry who are you?” it made the audience surprised or shocking so it made the story more memorable in a good way.