Service Learning – Service Logistics

Service Logistics

Over the past year I’ve been working with the “Service Logistics” Collage service. We provide items like games and toys for other services both local and collage. We work by checking in and checking out different games that services request we also originally planned to make instructional I think in the past year during my service I really learned about the inner working of the service office. I think that after doing local service for three years it’s been really helpful to now have a deeper understanding of what happens behind the scenes. This experience as a whole was very helpful as I now have a more full and complete appreciation for the service office as a whole

What went well

The thing that went really well within out service was the ability for us to form a retinue and understand the propose of the service with some people coming in every lesson to help. Along with coming in outside of lessons to help themselves understand the service as a whole a lot better and what we did with the checking in and out.

Problems with the service as a whole

I think that this service in general was plagued with problems mainly stemming from out members. From the start our service was filled with people who were using it as their mandatory service. Where they had either forgotten to sign up or it was their second or even third choice for a service. We had a lot of problems with consistency of arrival because of that. This all snowballed into the majority of the Service members missing during some weeks and when they would come they would have no idea what to do or where to go. We did however have some exceptions with myself, Kevin, Joseph, and Darsh but when the majority of the group is missing its hard to get work done. We never ended up completing one of our main objectives of making instructional videos with only some suggestions for games/activities only being said for a couple services during one of the first sessions.