My Language world

This task was a huge challenge because I seldom reflect deeply on the way I communicate to others as it feels extremely natural for me. This is due to most of the people I speak share the mutual experience of english. Understanding this I took into account of fluidity. I started from the centre, with my name and other language related features about myself that are important. Yet derail from the main topics at hand. I tried to fit all of the objectives on the rubric on the map, so I found myself writing extremely small, legibility was my main concern due to the fact that my hand writing is hard on the eyes.

I then continued the rubric from the top left as that is how most texts are written. I simply followed the listing of the rubric as an order because it was already ordered thematically. I also found starting with “how I speak” a good choice as I found that point to be the most important. Then I did “accents and how they affect people ” because accents are large part of language identity. Then because I set up some questions about how accents may create bias in a persons opinion of someone; I felt that was related to stereo types and Judgement. That was my main thinking process, the rest of the map was based simply on the aforementioned order of the rubric. I hope you’ll like my poster.