Personal Statement

Throughout all of my academic career, I have always felt I had an affinity for science. I feel like this is due to the long gruelling hours my parents had encouraged me to do as a child. Although this past experience may push some people to hold a certain subject in bad taste. I highly enjoyed it, I felt as if the vast expansive knowledge there is about science peaked my interest. Yet I do show remorse in the perforation of subjects, making myself seldom devoted the sciences. I think that I should continue to follow this policy, in order to maintain a healthy balance between grades. But realising that I have a strong liking towards sciences I want to discover how strong my likes are. Possibly opening up promising future career options.

I don’t know how all of these statements translate directly on to my aspirations. But I believe that the most logical and straight forward approach, is to extend my time spent on the subject. This might mean taking into the higher level sciences, as these classes would provide me with the catharsis that comes from learning the sciences. Yet only placing myself in a nurturing habitat won’t help me. I have to take great strides in education off my own volition, otherwise the attempt at bettering myself would be in vain. This would mean I have to average 7’s in the HL science courses I take.

Overall, I believe that furthering my appreciation for science would provide me with a prolific array of skills that I require to acquire accomplishments I desire in my future. This means that I will be taking up HL Chemistry and HL Biology. It would also require me pushing myself to accomplish high grades in science. This may mean I devote more time to studies, as I would have to compensate for the increased work load I intend to take. Yet it would be a sacrifice that I am willing to take, in the name of bettering myself.