Through Grade 9 and 10, I was a part of the Arts and Movement with SGM Little Kids. This service was to entertain and engage them in activities in order to develop skills and get to know them and their situation better.

A highlight of this service was seeing the kids become more and more comfortable with us, as during the very first time we met them, the kids were very shy and it was a challenge to get them to interact with us. By the last few times (when we celebrated Christmas and Chinese new years with them), we were able to see them enjoying our sessions and

I initially joined this service as it was dealing with little kids. Last year, I had joined a service similar to this – one to entertain little kids and develop their skills. I was able to see their development through the year, therefore this year I also wanted to do the same.

A challenge that I think we faced was time management and organization. I felt like the chair and I were the only ones who participated in the planning for the sessions, therefore next time, I think we should have planned ahead and separated the tasks between the group. Another thing was the variety of the activities, I think it was a bit of the same, and next time, more group communications should be needed to improve this.