What I Know About My Junior Year

With my junior year of high school starting in 3 days, what do I know so far?

1. School Environment

Moving into a new country, let alone going to a new school, has always brought new excitement, but also a significant amount of tension. Yet, after experiencing orientation at UWCSEA, I know that I feel safe and happy here, and that I will be able to perform at my best whether that be with academics or other related activities.

2. Importance of Grade 11

Even before starting junior year, I’ve always known that junior year of high school is one of the most important academic years of a student’s life, with more responsibility and drive needed. For these reasons, this coming year is one that I know I will have to work harder at, especially with being a new student and resident. Now, I also know that on top of all these expectations, the school will support me in all the ways possible, and that I will never be alone going through this journey.

3. Freedom & Variety

Lastly, I know that here at UWCSEA, I will also have a variety of opportunities to pursue other hobbies alongside my studies, and that I will have the freedom to try new activities and hopefully get a better sense of who I am as a person.

I’m excited to see what other things I learn about grade 11 at UWCSEA, hoping that this year will be one of the best.