- HS Beyond Snapshots – Season 1 Commitment. I always love to take photos on my phone whenever I am with friends, going to an event, or on holiday with my family and wanted to extend my passion further into learning professional photography. Though mobile phones nowadays are capable of taking great photos, I wanted to learn how to use a DSLR, and learn about its different functions. I would also love to be able to take photos of any school-related events in the future, and contribute to any projects regarding photography through this experience.
- HS TedxYouth (Season 1, 2, & 3 commitment) / HS Model UN Executive (Season 1 & 2 commitment) – I would like to be a part of the TedxYouth activity, specifically for the organization and leadership roles. Through the application process before starting the season, I hope I will be able to contribute and learn more about the behind the scenes and preparations that go into making a TedxYouth performance possible. Alternatively, I am also interested in the HS MUN Executive activity, as the MUN is something that I have some experience with from previous classes. However, because the seasonal commitments do overlap, I hope to make my final decision depending on the application and acceptance process of TedxYouth.
- HS Netball Team 19U Girls – For my activities commitment, I would like to be a part of the NS Netball girls team. Netball is a sport that I very much enjoy, and have experience of being a part of a previous school’s team. In preparation for the sport that begins in season 3, I would also like to join the HS pre-season netball team in the meantime for season 2.
- Alternatively to the netball team, I am also interested in joining the HS badminton team 19U Girls. Badminton is a sport that I have never had experience of as a competitive sport but had learned the sport from a relatively young age. Since learning, I have enjoyed playing badminton with family in my leisure time but would also like to participate in it as a team sport if possible.
- Cooking & Baking with Simei Care Centre – I chose to contribute to a local service this year and chose a cooking & baking activity. I have a passion for cooking and baking, with it being one of my greatest hobbies, and hope that my interest and experience in it will really make my contribution more meaningful and helpful. I also love working with people and have a background in helping similar clients, those who have mental health issues. I also think that there could be a lot I could take away from this year-long experience, and hope to be able to write a lot about it in my reflections.