HL Math End of the Year Reflection

My math ability throughout grade 11 can be shown graphically (figure above). I believe that I have displayed an overall growth in my mathematical ability. The growth in ability and the rate of change of my ability differs from time periods throughout the year. I think that initially, I found myself really struggling with math as I was still adapting to IB HL math slowing down my growth rate in mathematical ability. This is shown through the rather flat gradient during the time period between August 2017 and January 2018. However, I think that my mathematical ability and method of studying improved drastically in the time between winter break and April (mocks). I also think that my ability grew fast due to the increase in confidence that I got from the 2nd long test of the year. I think I was satisfied with my score and therefore gained a boost in confidence in HL math. My growth since the mocks has been slightly minimal as I was familiar with the new things that we were learning.

I think that the most important thing that I learnt this year in HL math was that math requires more than knowledge. Math like other sports requires practice. I felt that I kept making a lot of mistakes during my tests. Although I have been successful in cutting down the number of mistakes made in tests, there is still room for improvement that I can fill through practising more questions.