The Beginning of “Behind the Beautiful Forevers”

Heyhey,

Before our Grade 11 production in theatre class, I have barely dwelled into the world of performing theatre. Over the course of the past year, I have had the change to stage manage a production ( look at STAGE MANAGING AIDA – FIRST STEPS IN THEATER) and work as director facilitator for junior school (look at JUNIOR SCHOOL HS DIRECTOR – DIRECTING THEATRE? ). But apart from the overwhelming experience of Grade 11 Theatre production that was part of our IB requirement and meant my class design everything from scratch as well as acted in the play, I have had no real acting experience. That is why I was very excited to find out, that my audition went well – I am even playing a character with a cool monologue! 😀

Stepping into this experience, I am not very sure, what or how is going to happen to me. But I am very excited to join in for the ride. Especially, as the text of the play is very interesting, discussing the topic of poverty, but in a very human centred way, not emphasising on pity, but bringing in all the pretty and ugly pits of humanity. Since it is placed in Mumbai and not in Singapore, as well as most of the characters in the play are Indian, while our cast is not, I am very interested in seeing how our director deals with it.

/Best!/

LO1