FOA #2 Reflection

Heyhey,

Looking at the difference between my first and second FOA, I think my understanding of what the task is and how it should be done, grew a lot. Looking at the first presentations feedback I started my second one off with looking for a topic where I could find clear texts to analyse. I had been talking with my teacher about the language and controversies surrounding Dungeons and Dragons before, so in the light of the recently famous TV show Stranger Things and the Legend of Vox Machina fundraiser, I started to think about the theme of change in societal perception and after some thinking centered on the need to analyse language, I came up with the question “How the change in Imagery connected with DnD shows the change in public attitude towards the game”.

After I finalised my question, finding imagery to analyse and to analyse it was not a challenge. Challenge was choosing which texts to use in my presentation, so I would not ramble on for too long. Even though my FOA still exceeded the 10 min line given to us, I think I managed to get it as backed as possible, both with analyses and interesting texts.

/Best!/