Bhutan Culturama

Culturama is very exciting as always I mean! However, this year, there is something even more special because the 3rd year I am doing culturama, but the first time I am representing another cultural dance from another country than Cambodia! I mean last, and last years, I don’t really find it challenging because I was doing my own traditional dances which I already know before. However, this year, I really feel the difference and similarities of the diversities of UWC traditions and cultures. So, this was very thrilling!

Currently, I am really enjoying my culturama team in general. Because we are such a small group consists of only of 9 people, we really do get to know and close to each other better. The environment was just very healthy and positive. Just like Bhutan, the country, our team rather focus on the gross national happiness rather than any other factors! 🙂

Since we are all very close, sometimes we are not very focused in learning the dance and kind of getting lazy a bit for a while. This is not too good, because the performance is in a few weeks time and we are representing the face of the whole school. Hence, we better give and perform our best. Therefore, I think what I need to focus right now is to remind others and myself to balance out when to joke around and when to be serious and learning the dance as well as collaborating ideas as to how to improve the dance to its best perfection!

You can get a preview clip as to how our dance would look like in a clip below!
Enjoy and please come support us in Culturama~ !!!

Posted in CAS