Jah and Kay IFP simulation

In our last IFP session, we did a simulation where there are 2 countries (Jah and Kay), where Jah is not a very developed country with a high rate of diseases and deaths, illiteracy… and Kay is a developed country with high employment rates, economic booming…etc. Basically 2 completely opposite countries. And I was a part of country Kay. During our planning, we discuss very thoroughly on how to improve their country but not very much on how to convince them to follow our ideas. This is because we already assumed that when we go to country Jah, they will automatically listen to us and to our advices. But what a complete flop, when we go there, we started to realise that they have already made up their mind to not listening to us. Hence, even though, we are able to present our ideas at the end, I felt that those advices just go from one ear to another of them and the heated debate is more about “yes” or “no” to the advices rather than analysing which one of them works and how can we improve them.

I think I also realise some mistakes that our country make as well. I think we start to get caught up in trying to win and have a superior take on the debate and we forgot that our main goal is to help Jah to develop as a country not to make them agree to accept our advices. We should have asked what their plans were to make their country better, and support them with their own plan.

I think it all comes back to IFP conferences that we are going to hold in several countries as well as the services in our school. Rather than going straight and plan what to do to help them. We should go there first, talk to people in that area of what their challenges are, and what their plans are toward this problem and whether we can help in anyway after all. Only then, we can start pitching some advice ideas and discuss alongside with them whether they are going to work or not. Because after all, one of the expert in the problem is them.

One thought on “Jah and Kay IFP simulation

1. The start of this post is quite narrative but you do get into some analysis later on which is good. Make sure that you remember to construct your blogs around the learning outcomes.
    Ms Wilson