2nd IFP Joined Session

Last Saturday, we had our second joint sessions with the Dover campus. And I have to say that it was really fun! It’s a bit different from last time because, for this, we get to mix with about 2-3 others from East and 2 others from Dover, and you have to stay with them for almost the whole day, discussing various activities to lead later for everyone without any supervisors. In here, we can really see everyone’s most comfortable behavior, so it in a way kind of break the ice between the Dover and East and that’s as closest as we can get together.

During this session, I think I learn how to balance between voicing your own ideas and listen to other people’s ideas. Because I used to lead a conference in Cambodia for about 20 people in a similar way as in IFP, and it went really well. I also used to organize icebreakers, and activities for the orientation in the boarding house, too. So, I feel like I know what to do and what to avoid. However, not everyone in the group knows that, and maybe they also have their own experiences in leading some activities, too in the past that I don’t know. So, we might all have different styles, so I think I learned to speak my ideas when I think it’s a good idea, and at the same time trying to open up to other people’s style of organizing activities as well.

At the end, I think our group’s activities were very well planned, and the response seemed to be positive, and in term of teamwork, I think we all kind of work and complement well with each other.

2 thoughts on “2nd IFP Joined Session

1. Thanks for this post. You say that through the workshop you learned “how to balance between voicing your own ideas and listen to other people’s ideas”. I winder how you actually did that? This would be good to explore.

1. For example, you have already contributed quite some ideas. And when we moved on to another point, someone else expresses their idea on it. Sometimes, you might not like the idea because according to your experience, you don’t think that it’s not going to work. However, during this conference, I think I learn to have some faith on my teammates, because who knows, they also have experiences in leading some activities before, too. Therefore, I learned to support them with their idea, and after leading our activity on that day, I think we all did very well.