LEAP Middle Reflection – L05 Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

Part of my role in LEAP is working with the service executive team as the College Service Media and Advocacy Officer. In November, I cooperated with the Local Service Media and Advocacy officers for a Media and Advocacy Workshop for all the college and local services. This included helping them build their portfolios, using the DIVI Builder which allows for additional customizations in regards to the styling and formatting of their websites. This required a lot of teamwork and planning, where I was able to take leadership and guide both the college and local service Media and Advocacy officers forwards. We had three weeks to plan this, allowing us to thoroughly go through the presentation with feedback from the teachers and other members of the High School Service Executive Team. After the presentation, we went through a recording we had of the event to look for ways to improve. One major element was being more entertaining and making the process of building the portfolio more exciting. We said we could do this by implementing more social activities in the workshops instead of the Media and Advocacy Officers in the Service Executive team talking through a whole presentation. However, overall, we saw this as a success. This was the first workshop we did and I feel that getting the insights of multiple group members allowed us to move forward, while letting me take a leadership role, helping plan the process of creating the portfolio. This is an element I can bring with me in most of my other CAS experiences, such as when planning the Project Week. Below is the presentation we made. Keep in mind it does not include our script.

Local & College Service – Communications Workshop – 2019