Season 2 Changing The World Through Photography

Changing the world through photography has been a great experience in broadening my understanding of photography as a medium of expression. Throughout this activity, I’ve been exposed to a lot of the common techniques used by photographers to invoke specific feelings and expressions within the photos, but at the same time creating photos that still look aesthetically pleasing. In the first season, the main difficulty was becoming comfortable with the basic concepts of cameras. Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO are all obscure in name but are essential in understanding how a camera intakes and registers light. Coming into the activity, I thought there would be many more complications in taking good photos; A preconception made from the assumption that the technology would be very hard. But I think in actual fact the real challenge is with finding a creative or a purposeful meaning behind the focus of your photography. One of the new understandings that were brought to my attention was that photography should be used as a medium to express a message, one such example could be a focus on celebration, like a sports or cultural event, another could be to raise awareness, such as the growing problem of littering and increased usage of food delivery to school, which has brought about more use of single-use items – detrimental to the environment and unsustainable. Thinking ahead to the future, I think that I would also like to do a project with this greater sense of purpose or message. Perhaps taking photos to celebrate the accomplishment of a friend, or to highlight how the sustainable practices in our school have been contributing to creating a better environment.

Bellow I would like to show some of the better photos I have taken throughout this time.
Although they aren’t exactly following a larger theme, they are all that I was proud of and are of the better pieces.

0 comments on “Season 2 Changing The World Through PhotographyAdd yours →