Season 3 – Origami Creativity

CREATIVITY AND HOW IM DOING IT
For the area of creativity, despite having already finished my requirements earlier in the year through 2 semesters/ seasons of photography, I decided to join the Origami club as an opportunity to try out a new hobby and also reconnect with a friend who had joined back to UWCSEA this year. The origami club was designed as a creative outlet while also serving as a place to benefit your wellbeing. I think coming into it, I was prepared to be challenged because well its a new kind of art for me, but also I did not think too much about pushing myself seeing as it was a more creative focus/task at hand. The first real challenge with the club was that there weren’t any actual pre-made origami materials available to us in school, in fact, we had to cut out our own squares to use. To me, this made the experience much clunkier as a large chunk of time would be dedicated instead of folding new things, to simply cutting out a decent square.

LO3 – Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience. One moment that stood out to me though is when after a few sessions of struggling more with cutting than actual folding, I and my friends decided that we would instead acquire origami paper from elsewhere so that we could perhaps work together on a project. Thus, on the last 2 sessions before Covid-19 had shut down our school, we planned together with a creative directive of what we wanted to construct out of origami. We discussed collaboratively on what creative directive would best suit our interest and also had to account for the realistic level of our skills and available time.

0 comments on “Season 3 – Origami CreativityAdd yours →